Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 37 Update

Well, I had my weekly doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and I have made absolutely zero progress. SIGH. I have a feeling I will be pregnant forever. Wyatt has dropped some, but then I still feel him pushing underneath my ribs so I am not sure how much he has really dropped. Dr. Hudson did say he estimated the baby's weight at delivery to be between 7 - 7.5 pounds, and that he is currently going through a growth spurt, so that is great! I have gained another 6 pounds since my last appt. so that brings my weight gain to 21 pounds. I was hoping to stay under the 20-pound mark, but so much for that. As long as my baby is healthy, I am sufficed to the fact that I will just have to work to get my pre-baby body back. Mark's 10-year high school reunion is set for August 23rd, so I hope to be close to pre-baby weight by then. I haven't progressed with dialation either, so for right now, he is just hanging out and getting bigger. It has been increasingly difficult to get a good night's rest, due to not being able to get comfortable and having to get up every hour to go to the bathroom. My body is adjusting to having no sleep though, which is probably good for when the baby comes.

This week is my first week to try out the 10-hour work days. I am working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and I took yesterday off. Usually, I will be taking a Monday or a Friday off, but this week I had a lot going on and couldn't swing it. I must say, it was very nice to have a day off in the middle of the week. I got the house cleaned, a ton of baby things organized and put away and even went to the pool for a couple of hours. Nice. Very Nice.

Our Glider also came in- FINALLY! I was beginning to worry that it wouldn't get here in time but it did, and Uncle Kurt came to the rescue and took me to get it yesterday while Mark was at work. I was very paranoid about leaving it at Babies R Us for too long- we have added it to the pile of things that Mark will be putting together this weekend.

We also had another surprise shower this weekend!! Our sweet neighbors, and members of our Sunday School class had invited us to cook out with them Saturday night, and we thought nothing different of it. They just passed it off as wanting to get together before the baby came- so we headed over there at 4:30, and I started to notice all the cars, but just thought another neighbor was having a party. Well we walk through the door and our entire Sunday school class of 25 people were there to shower us! It was unbelieveable- even people that had already come to my first shower were there- I was absolutely thrilled to have a "couples" shower that Mark could be apart of. We got so many cute and practical things including our bassinett- we have been so blessed-God has really provided for us, and again I can't thank everyone enough. We feel so loved!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

21 pounds is great!!! Do not get stressed. I gained 35 (with twins I know) but I lost it almost immediately. I still have 5 to go before I get to the pre pregnancy weight but I kinda had about 10 to lose before that. Oh well. You will be fine. :) Besides, with one baby you are supposed to gain 25-35lbs! :)