.... Okay, I have been tagged by both Amy and Laura Beth, so here it goes!
1. I was born November 6, 1982 in Miami, Florida
2. I am the middle child and have an older brother (27) and a younger brother (22)
3. My parents tried for 10 years to have kids, so they were older parents when they finally had us. My Dad was almost 40!
4. I am not close with my siblings, but I am extremely close with my parents- although my mom and I are exact opposites, and my dad and I are exactly alike.
5. My brothers still act like teenagers, that is one reason why we are not very close
6. I have looked the exact same since I was born- same eye color and same hair color
7. I went through a kind-of punk stage in middle school- I was obsessed with Kurt Cobain!
8. My best and my oldest Friend is Amy Eaton- we have known each other since we were babies.
9. I only lived in Miami until I was 3 years old. I remember hardly anything about it, except we were always outside, and we had a lot of fruit trees.
10. I have always been extremely proud of my Dad- he had an amazing work ethic and is literally one of the top-rated pilots in the world- I have bragged on him my entire life, because I think it is so cool that he was a fighter pilot in Vietnam, and then has had an extremely successful careers as a commercial pilot- How cool is it to say that your Dad flies planes?!
11. I am very proud of my mom too- but for different reasons... she is extremely creative, and stayed home raising 3 kids.. and hasn't gone nuts yet!
12.My mom had major surgery a couple of months ago, and I have never been more scared in my entire life- she is still recovering, but doing great!
13. I have always loved to write
14. I have always secretly wanted to be an Investigative Journalist for Dateline.
15. I never changed my major in college- it was always journalism!
16. I was not an Auburn fan until I went to school there, but then I became a HUGE fan overnight.
17. We lived 40 minutes outside of Athens, GA. from the time I was 3 years old- so naturally I always thought I would go to UGA
18. I didn't get into UGA
19. I had a great GPA in high school, but a terrible SAT score
20. When I was in middle school, Amy and I were in the orchestra together
21. She was in the advanced class, but I was so terrible I had to play in a seperate room during class. My mom begged me not to practice in the house.
22. Our orchestra teacher threw chairs at students, but everyone thought Amy and I made it up.
23. I NEVER thought Amy would have a baby at 24- I actually didn't think she would get married until she was 30-
24. I NEVER thought I would have a baby at 25... I switched birth control and didn't think about the new kind being ineffective for 30 days-OOPS. This baby is a gift from God!
25. Throughout college, I dated a guy seriously who was in law school.
26. For two years, I thought I was going to marry a Lawyer.
27. I am so glad I married an Editor instead!
28. I had a crush on Mark for 6 months before he FINALLY asked me out
29. We had classes together- he was one of two guys in my major!
30. The first time I knew I was in love, was the day I saw him tutoring a child... it was the most incredible moment to witness
31. Mark has an amazing gift for teaching. He is going to be the world's BEST dad!
32. I never really knew how much you could love someone until my Wedding Day. I literally thought my heart was going to burst. I know I am about to learn a new kind of love when my son is born- I already love him more than what could ever be imagined.
33. I think of myself as an extremely compassionate person- however, I am a realist- In other words, I have a big heart for people, but as Mark says, sometimes the glass is half full. Okay, probably more than sometimes.
34. My husband is probably one of the most positive people I have ever met- God knew exactly what he was doing when he put us together!
35. God also knew what he was doing when I married into Mark's family- they are the most supportive, loving family I have ever met. The relationship that Mark has with his siblings is what I have always imagined I will have one day with mine.
36. Mark's parents have always treated me like their own daughter, (which is a wonderful feeling!) and I never had a sister until I met Mark, but I must say, it's great!
37. I am a HUGE fan of President George W. Bush, I worked very hard on his campaign in college, and I am a big advocate of compassionate conservatism. I think President Bush is one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had, and I truly believe he is an incredibly Godly man with a passion and a heart for the people in this country. I support his attack on Terrorism 100% and if anything, I think we should be more vigilant as a nation in the Iraqi War. We are rid of one of the most evil people in the history of civilization because of our leader: Sadaam Hussein is gone, for pete's sake! People need to stop attacking the President, and start looking at more productive ways to further this nation- like putting prayer back in schools. Sheesh- all right enough of my soap box...
38. I am a staunch Republican- I believe in the American Dream and working for what you have... not it being handed to you- my children will work hard, and know that the government is here to help, not offer handouts. I could go on for days on my political stance, but I will spare you!
39. My parents both came from working-class families. They worked very, VERY hard to give us what we have, and they have been successful at it- because of the grace of God.
40. I became a christian at a very young age-I don't remeber the exact moment-
41. I do remember when I rededicated my life to the Lord- it was in sixth grade at a youth retreat... I was then baptised.
42. My favorite color is green, mostly because my eyes are green.
43. My green eyes are secretly my favorite feature about myself... I got them from my grandmother- they look like green glass.. and I hope my baby gets them...Although, I love Mark's eyes as well!
44. I look nothing like anyone in my immediate family- people always think I am adopted. the funny thing is, I am a blend of what both my grandmothers looked like when they were young. It is amazing how genes work!
45. All of my grandparents have died, I didn't know them that well. Mark was very close to his, and unfortunately his have passed away as well. We didn't have any grandparents at our wedding :(
46. Mark and I shared our first kiss on our first date. We had known each other for a long time though!
47. I have always thought I have the most adorable husband in the whole world. Except when he makes me mad- which actually isn't that often.
48. The first eight weeks of my pregnancy Mark made me really mad all the time- I attribute it to those crazy hormones. Once, we splashed water on each other until we calmed down, looking back, it was pretty funny.
49. I am a person who likes to be in control of things- I have to turn this over to God- I have a hard time trusting someone to do something I can do myself. I would rather just "knock it out" myself!
50. This is one reason I don't enjoy being pregnant- I don't like not having control over my own body.
51. I love Mark's ears... they are so cute and little- I hope the baby gets them!
52. Mark and I are both middle children- and neither of us look like our parents!
53. I am left-handed
54. I am very OCD- I am also a clean-freak and cleaning has become a hobby for me
55. I like scrapbooking too- but I never have time for it!
56. I enjoy cooking, and I like trying new recipies, but most of the time they don't turn out how I want them to!
57. My mom is an awesome cook and a wonderful artist- I didn't inherit these talents!
58. My younger brother should have been born in the 60's. He is a wannabe-hippie. Mark and I get quite a kick out of him.
59. I have lived in Miami, FL. Lawrenceville, GA., Auburn, AL. Huntsville, AL., Aiken, S.C., and Birmingham, AL. in that order. Well, actually we live in Calera, but it is a suburb of Birmingham.
60. I hate Cats- they gross me out. I am a total dog-lover.
61. I am a TERRIBLE driver. I don't know what it is, but literally cars just appear out of nowhere all around me. I have had my vision checked, and it is pretty much perfect. I just can't drive! I have been working really hard on it since I found out I was pregnant.
62. One time I accidentally cut off my sister in law on the interstate. She didn't know it was me and about flicked me off. We now laugh about it.
63. Did I mention I have 20/20 vision? Actually, everyone in my family does. We call it the "pilot-genes" every one in Mark's family wears glasses. I think my dad is secretly worried that his grandson won't be able to fly a plane. Thank goodness for Lasik!
64. I didn't go to church while I was in college- I was very much into my sorority and didn't put God first- it is one thing that Mark and I regret about college.
65. I get very annoyed with inconsiderate people
66. I get very annoyed with people that think they are very important
67. I love to shop and go out to eat- two things I never do anymore!
68. I get frustrated with how expensive it is to just live these days. I have no idea how people made it on one income when our mom's stayed home with us!
69. I always dreamed about living in a big city with my girlfriends after I graduated from college- and working a very glamorous job.
70. After college, I moved to Huntsville, where I knew no one except Mark. I then took a horrible job for the paycheck.
71. I will never work another sales job for the rest of my life
72. I work in PR now and I love it!
73. Every day I like to think of myself as helping sick children and their families- maybe just a little bit... although I am only helping to promote what Children's Hospital does, I am extremely passionate about their mission, and in turn I am passionate about what I do every day.
74. I am extremely clumsy
75. I can be very emotional
76. I hate confrontation, and I hate disappointing people- I am really bad at standing up for myself but I have no problem standing up for other people. Especially my friends!
77. I am EXTREMELY loyal- I always have been- I will be your friend for life, and I will give you the shirt off my back, no questions asked. You would think this would always be a good thing, but I have been taken advantage of more than once
78. I had to ask one of my closest friends to step down from being a part of my wedding because I had been taken advantage of for a very long time, and she did not treat me like a friend is supposed to. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done. We are no longer friends, but I truly believe I am a stronger person because of this experience. It was one of the few times I did take a stand.
79. I am HORRIBLE with directions. I get lost everywhere I go. I could not find my way out of a paper bag if I wanted to.
80. I work with an incredibly talented group of people- they are extremely dynamic, and all of them are people I consider friends. It makes my job so much easier, because I have so many people I can depend on!
81. I am pretty dependable myself- if I say I will do something, I will do it.
82. Sometimes I ask my husband to do something, and then I do it myself because I don't think he is fast enough. This drives him crazy.
83. I am all about things happening NOW. I don't like to wait
84. I am very impatient
85. I am NEVER late- and if I am, it puts me in a very bad mood.
86. I internalize and analyze everything- I stress alot, thus why I have a sleeping problem!
87. Amy and I became best friends because I broke my foot in the 10th grade, and she drove me to school for 6 weeks.
88. Even though we don't see each other much anymore, when we do get together, it is like no time has passed at all.
89. She once called me and asked me how to boil water!
90. I bought Sadie even though my husband told me not to- we weren't married at the time, and he was really mad I got her- but now I think he is happy I did.
91. When I found out I was pregnant, I was panicked. I threw the pregnancy test in his lap while he was driving me to my birthday dinner. I had it in my purse.
92. When I told my sorority sisters and my best friends, they were very happy and I think they were really happy it wasn't them!
93. When I told my parents, they said they were happy, but I think they were in shock.
94. When I told Mark's family, they were REALLY REALLY happy. His dad jumped up and down.
95. When we told Mark's brother and sister, they thought we were joking.
96. When I told Amy, she thought I made it up. Then she was really happy.
97. Amy always wants me in the same boat she is in- somehow, I always end up there.
98. The trip I ever took in college was going to the Bahamas for spring break my sophomore year. My friends tried to get me to get corn rows while we were there. It did not happen.
99. I am really gullible
100. I have introduced 3 of my closest friends to their husbands. I think I have a gift in that department!
2 comments:
Post a Comment