Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

This Easter weekend was very busy! My parents came in town Saturday afternoon and stayed through Sunday, long enough to visit our new church with us and take Mark and I out for Easter breakfast. Then, we went to Mark's parents house for Easter dinner and spent the afternoon with his family. I had not seen my dad in a couple of months, and even though he had seen the latest pregnancy pictures, he laughed at how I was now "undeniably" pregnant.

They got to see the baby bed and loved it, and of course they were thrilled to see Sadie- for now she is their only grandchild. Haha.

I was exhausted as the weekend ended, and when Mark and I crawled into bed last night, I made the comment that I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open, and I had no idea how I would have found the strength at the moment to get out of bed and feed an infant. Mark whole-heartedly agreed before we both fell asleep. I know God will have to keep us going, because I have no doubt it is going to be hard for the first couple of months- although it will be so worth it!

Next year, our baby will be 8 months old, and I will be picking out Easter outfits and Mark and I will be taking him on his first egg hunt!

No comments: