Friday, February 1, 2008

Exhausted... Totally Exhausted


This baby-making thing is hard work! Although I am starting to figure out that this baby is probably easier to deal with on the inside than on the outside, he/she is already disruptng my sleep patterns...(I know, I know- it is only going to get worse!) But for the last 2 nights I have gone to sleep around 10 p.m. and woken up for no reason before 4 a.m. - and never really been able to get back to sleep. I thought it might be my bladder waking me up since I am now peeing more than I ever thought humanly possible- but my second thought is that my body is preparing itself for those middle of the night feedings.


Whatever it is, I would really love it if I could sleep through the night for the next 4 1/2 months, because after that it is anybody's guess as to how long it will be before I get 8 hours of blissful, uninterrupted sleep.


I am so tired today at work I have no idea how I am going to make it through the next 8 hours!


I still haven't tolda anyone here the news- I work at a Children's Hospital and in order to qualify for FMLA, you have to have 12 months of employment. I love my job, and as sad as my paycheck is, we still need it after the baby is born, so I am hoping that they will let me take 6 weeks unpaid leave when the baby comes.


The big talk with my boss is coming next week after we have the ultrasound on Monday. It is getting increasingly hard to hide my bump, so I think it will be quite relieving to spill the beans.


Whenever I get stressed about things, Mark is really great about calming me down and reminding me what is important in life- he is my sanity!


More to come...

No comments: