Monday, February 18, 2008

Cat's Wedding Shower

This weekend Shannon, Mom and I hosted a shower for Cat. She is getting married in April, and we had so much fun! Too bad Mary couldn't make it... (we missed you Mar!!) But Kacey came and I got to see several people whom I haven't seen in a long time- I wore my first official "maternity"dress, (thanks to GAP Maternity) and I think it was surprising how much my belly has grown since Shannon's wedding just 4 weeks ago- I have the new 5 month pictures to show everyone... I wil try to get them posted this afternoon when I get home.

I am sad that I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures. I think I was too worried about getting the food and my excessively SLOW mother out the door! I will give her the benefit of the doubt because she just got home from the hospital 3 weeks ago after having major surgery...Hopefully, Cat can email me some pics and I can get them put up for everyone to see-

On the way home Mom and I stopped at a baby store in Atlanta, and I got so many great ideas for the nursery! I think Mark is hoping he will get out of having to paint that room since we did just paint in September- and it is pretty neutral- the jury is still out on that-

I am excited to get my furniture- I picked out a chair that looks just like something you would put in your living room but is actually a glider- that is going to be my gift from my parents-
My changing table is at jcp.com- it is in the honey oak color and is a sleigh style- I am going to slide baskets on the shelves for storage and I think this may be a gift from Mark's parents (which is incredibly nice that we don' have to buy it!) and our crib is coming from Sharon and Chris- they have decided that they are done having babies (I guess if you have 2 beautiful children why mess with perfection, right?) So, they have been incredibly nice to let us borrow their crib. Thanks Chris, Sharon and Mom and Dad (Olis & Shriver) You are saving a broke young couple a lot of money!!!

We already have a dresser for the baby, so that is it! I can't wait to start getting the room together- it is all cleaned out with the exception of our computer and a love seat that we are returning to Mark's parents -Now, for the bedding- I really love the jungle safari collection from Target... has anyone had any bad experiences with their return policy though?? I am nervous that I am not going to be able to exchange anything if I end up with more than one...

And for more boring matters...Mark and are in the LONG process of writing our Will, doing our taxes and buying life insurance- not to mention that college savings account we need to open!

Children really do make your like more complicated- 6 months ago most of the things on that list we didn't even need to think about... now they are very important to us- I know it is so worth it though! I really can't wait to see my baby!

The other night I dreamed Mark and I put the baby to bed and then we woke up the next day and couldn't find him- we were looking everywhere! it was the strangest feeling- It is so wierd how when you are pregnant you have the oddest dreams!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are totally nesting. What baby store in Atlanta did you go to? There is a cool one in Atlanta and Snellville called 'New Baby Products'. Check it out.